Thank you 50 Word Stories for publishing my story The Gist. It was so fun to write.
From writing romance to science fiction, nature can kindle so many ideas. The first five ideas that come to mind when I saw this picture was:
- view from a romantic getaway
- wilderness tour guides who share a kiss while the sun sets
- hiking alone looking for answers
- clouds of doom rolling across the sky
- last person on earth looking for survivors
The hard part is choosing only one idea to write about.
Georgia pulled the bread out of the oven and placed it to cool. She made bread for Danny each Friday as an after-school treat. It had been months since she baked. The bell rang at the school. Her house remained quiet. Georgia sliced the bread and ate in agonizing silence.